What are the Science and Engineering Investigation Awards?
The Science and Engineering Investigation Awards (SEIA) are a state-wide competition for Year 5 to 12 students who investigate a topic of their choice. Students then present their findings to judges from research and industry.
The judging is followed by a public presentation which is supported by Tasmanian industry and community organisations, and includes generous cash prizes.
Judging days are held on Cradle Coast - Burnie, Launceston and Hobart campuses in September each year.
The Science and Engineering Investigation Awards include the categories: Physical Sciences, Health and Wellbeing, Engineering, Agricultural Science, and, Environment and Marine Science.
The Science and Engineering Investigation Awards are generously supported by the Tasmanian Women in Agriculture state-wide and the BIG Committee in the Northwest.
The awards will return in 2019.
SEIA 2019 dates
North West Tasmania (Cradle Coast campus)
- Tuesday 3 September (Year 5-6) - Investigation judging day
- Wednesday 4 September (Year 7-12) - Investigation judging day
- Thursday 5 September - Project displays, and presentation event
Northern Tasmania (Newnham campus)
- Thursday 5 September (Year 5-12) - Investigation judging day
- Tuesday 10 September - Project displays, and presentation event
Southern Tasmania (Sandy Bay campus)
- Thursday 12 September - Investigation judging day
- Wednesday 18 September - Project displays, and presentation event
For more information, please contact:
Prue Hamill, Northern Awards Coordinator