Assoc/Prof Anthony Koutoulis
Associate Dean (Research)
|Contact Campus||Sandy Bay Campus|
|Telephone||+61 3 6226 2737|
|Fax||+61 3 6226 2698|
Associate Dean (Research)
- Kaur M, Bowman JP, Sheehy M, Stewart DC, Speers RA, Koutoulis A, Evans DE (2012) TRFLP analysis reveals that fungi rather than bacteria are associated with premature yeast flocculation in brewing. Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology (in press)
- Harbard JL, Griffin AR, Foster S, Brooker C, Kha LD, Koutoulis A (2012) Production of colchicine-induced autotetraploids as a basis for sterility in Acacia mangium Willd.. Forestry 85: 427-436
- Lee Chang KJ, Dunstan GA, Abell GC, Clementson LA, Blackburn SI, Nichols PD, Koutoulis A (2012) Biodiscovery of new Australian thraustochytrids for production of biodiesel and long-cahin omega-3 oils. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 93: 2215-31.
- Nghiem CQ, Harwood CE, Harbard JL, Griffin AR, Ha TH, Koutoulis A (2011) Floral phenology and morphology of colchicine-induced tetraploid Acacia mangium compared with diploid A. mangium and A. auriculiformis: implications for interploidy pollination. Australian Journal of Botany 59: 582-592.
- Lee Chang KJ, Mansour MP, Dunstan GA, Blackburn SI, Koutoulis A, Nichols PD (2011) Odd-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in thraustochytrids. Phytochemistry 72: 1460-1465.
- Howard EL, Whittock S, Jakse J, Carling J, Matthews PD, Probasco G, Henning JA, Darby P, Cerenak A, Javornik B, Kilian A, Koutoulis A (2011) High-throughput genotyping of hop (Humulus lupulus L.) utilising diversity arrays technology (DArT). Theoretical and Applied Genetics 122: 1265-1280.
- Shellie RA, Poynter SDH, Li J, Gathercole JL, Whittock SP, Koutoulis A (2009) Varietal characterisation of hop (Humulus lupulus L.) by gas chromatography – mass spectrometry analysis of hop cone extracts. Journal of Separation Science 32: 3720-3725
- Castro CB, Whittock LD, Whittock SP, Leggett G, Koutoulis A (2008) DNA sequence and expression variation of hop (Humulus lupulus L.) valerophenone synthase (VPS), a key gene in bitter acid biosynthesis. Annals of Botany 102: 265-273.
- Koutoulis A, Roy AT, Price A, Sheriff L, Leggett G (2005) DNA ploidy level of colchicine-treated hops (Humulus lupulus L.). Scientia Horticulturae 105: 263-268.
- Harper JDI, Salisbury JL, John PCL, Koutoulis A (2004) Changes in the centrin-based cytoskeleton after metaphase arrest of the met1 Chlamydomonas mutant. Protoplasma 224: 159-165.
- Roy AT, Leggett G, Koutoulis A (2001) In vitro tetraploid induction and generation of tetraploids from mixoploids in hop (Humulus lupulus L.) Plant Cell Reports 20: 489-495.
My current role at the University of Tasmania is to deliver on the research portfolio for the Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology. My personal research areas of interest include cell and molecular biology, plant biology, plant breeding, genetics, marine biology and biotechnology.
- Cell Biology & Biotechnology Research Details