Science Investigation Awards
Students (Year 5 – 12) carry out a science investigation and present their findings to science/industry judges. The Awards are supported by Tasmanian industry and community organisations, and offer generous cash prizes. Judging days are held on Cradle Coast, Launceston and Hobart campuses in August-September each year.
Judging for the Science Investigation Awards 2015 will be held on:
- Launceston: Thursday 27 August, at the Raymond Ferrall Centre, Newnham campus
- Burnie: Thursday 3 September, at the Cradle Coast campus
- Hobart: Thursday 17 September, at the Activities Centre, Sandy Bay campus
Ready to enter a project for the Awards? The closing date for registrations are as follows:
- Launceston: Closed.
- Burnie: Closed - Contact Adam for more info.
- Hobart: Friday 4 September (date extended) - register here
If you would like more details about the Awards, please see the following documents:
- UTAS Science Investigation Awards Overview
- UTAS Science Investigation Awards – Information for Teachers
- UTAS Science Investigation Awards – Information for Students and Parents
And go to the North/North West regional Science Investigation Awards page here.
For more information, please contact:
Launceston - Cathy Tyson, Science Investigation Awards Outreach Officer (North)
School of Physical Sciences - Chemistry, University of Tasmania
Phone: (03) 6324 3832
Burnie - Adam Mostogl, Science Investigation Awards Co-ordinator (North & North West)
Phone: 0438 810 733
Hobart - Adele Wilson, Schools Outreach Officer & Science Investigation Awards Co-ordinator (South)
Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology, University of Tasmania.
Phone: (03) 6226 7477