COMING UP: Information session for teachers in Hobart
New to the Investigation Awards?
Come find out how you bring your classroom Science Inquiry into this statewide competition!
Free information session on Thursday 28 May from 4:00-6:00pm at the Sandy Bay campus.
All welcome - for more information please see the flyer.
Students (Year 5 – 12) carry out a science investigation and present their findings to science/industry judges. The Awards are supported by Tasmanian industry and community organisations, and offer generous cash prizes. Judging days are held on Cradle Coast, Launceston and Hobart campuses in August-September each year.
Judging for the Science Investigation Awards 2015 will be held on:
- Launceston: Thursday 27 August, at the Raymond Ferrall Centre, Newnham campus
- Burnie: Thursday 3 September, at the Cradle Coast campus
- Hobart: Thursday 17 September, at the Activities Centre, Sandy Bay campus
Register your Science Investigation entry here.
Closing date for registrations is Friday 21 August 2015.
If you would like more details about the Awards, please download the following documents:
- UTAS Science Investigation Awards Overview
- UTAS Science Investigation Awards – Information for Teachers
- UTAS Science Investigation Awards – Information for Students and Parents
For more information, please contact:
Launceston - Cathy Tyson, Science Investigation Awards Outreach Officer (North)
School of Physical Sciences - Chemistry, University of Tasmania
Phone: (03) 6324 3832
Burnie - Adam Mostogl, Science Investigation Awards Co-ordinator (North & North West)
Phone: 0438 810 733
Hobart - Adele Wilson, Schools Outreach Officer & Science Investigation Awards Co-ordinator (South)
Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology, University of Tasmania.
Phone: (03) 6226 7477