What are the Science Investigation Awards?
Students (Year 5 – 12) carry out a science investigation and present their findings to science/industry judges. The Awards are supported by Tasmanian industry and community organisations, and offer generous cash prizes. Judging days are held on Cradle Coast, Launceston and Hobart campuses in August-September each year. The Science Investigation Awards include the categories: Physical Sciences, Health , Engineering, Agricultural Science, and Environment.
When are the Awards held?
Judging for the Science Investigation Awards 2017 will be held on:
- Launceston: Tuesday 5 September, 2017
- Burnie: Thursday 7 September, 2017
- Hobart: Thursday 14 September, 2017
Register your entries now for the 2017 Science Investigation Awards
All projects must be pre-registered to be included in the Awards. Registrations close on 21 August 2017.
- Launceston - Download entry form HERE
- Burnie - Register HERE
- Hobart - Register HERE - or download bulk entry form (for multiple applications)
New to the Science Investigation Awards?
You may find the following video helpful - it outlines what the Awards are all about.
For more information, please contact:
- Northern Tasmania - Cathy Tyson, Launceston SIA Schools Officer
- Email: Catherine.Tyson@utas.edu.au
- Phone: (03) 6324 3832
- North West Tasmania - Cate Rejman, Burnie SIA Coordinator
- Email: Cate.Rejman@utas.edu.au
- Phone: (03) 6430 4949
- Southern Tasmania - Jeannie-Marie LeRoi, Manager of Community & Student Engagement
Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology, University of Tasmania.
- Email: JeannieMarie.LeRoi@utas.edu.au
- Phone: (03) 6226 7477