What are the Science Investigation Awards?
Students (Year 5 – 12) carry out a science investigation and present their findings to science/industry judges. The Awards are supported by Tasmanian industry and community organisations, and offer generous cash prizes. Judging days are held on Cradle Coast, Launceston and Hobart campuses in August-September each year. The Science Investigation Awards include the categories: Physical Sciences, Health , Engineering, Agricultural Science, and Environment.
When are the Awards held?
Judging for the Science Investigation Awards 2017 were held on:
- Launceston: Tuesday 5 September, 2017
- Burnie: Thursday 7 September, 2017
- Hobart: Thursday 14 September, 2017
Congratulations to all of the 2017 Science Investigation Award participants and winning students! Thank you to the sponsors, teachers, parents and mentors for supporting students conducting their science inquiry projects.
Check back soon for announcement of 2018 dates.
New to the Science Investigation Awards?
You may find the following video helpful - it outlines what the Awards are all about.
For more information, please contact:
- Northern Tasmania - Cathy Tyson, Launceston SIA Schools Officer
- Email: Catherine.Tyson@utas.edu.au
- Phone: (03) 6324 3832
- North West Tasmania - Cate Rejman, Burnie SIA Coordinator
- Email: Cate.Rejman@utas.edu.au
- Phone: (03) 6430 4949
- Southern Tasmania - Jeannie-Marie LeRoi, Manager of Community & Student Engagement
Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology, University of Tasmania.
- Email: JeannieMarie.LeRoi@utas.edu.au
- Phone: (03) 6226 7477