The University of Tasmania's IT Service Desk provides support to over 30,000 individual students and over 6,100 individual staff based at several campuses. The IT Services 'Service Desk' has a Team Leader, five full-time staff and a pool of casual staff.
1. Service Access
- Incidents may be reported anytime online
Telephone Service hours are via 6226 1818: 364 days/year, closed on Christmas day (25-December)
8:00am - 6:00pm, Monday to Friday (08:00-18:00 AEST, excl. Tasmanian state-wide Public Holidays)
- 10:00am - 1:00pm Saturday, Sunday and Tasmanian state-wide Public Holidays and University closure days between Christmas Day and New Years Day (10:00-13:00 AEST).
- Phone: (03) 6226 1818, International: +61 3 6226 1818, (Internal): x1818
- Phone: 1300 304 903 (Local Call charge from landlines within Tasmania)
- Face to face support is available at the Morris Miller Library (Sandy Bay Campus) and Launceston Campus Library (Newnham Campus):
- 10:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday during Semester 1 & 2 teaching periods (10:00-16:00 AEST,excluding Public Holidays)
- 11:00am - 1:00pm Monday to Friday during non-Semester 1 & 2 teaching periods, (11:00-13:00 AEST, excluding Public Holidays).
- Homepage: http://www.utas.edu.au/service-desk/
- Email: email@example.com
2. Services Provided
The Service Desk is the front-end of a three-tier system of support for the UTAS community for all IT, Video Conference, Telephony, Audio Visual or online learning issues. We provide a single point of contact for all users of ITS Services. Should Service Desk staff be unable to resolve an issue directly they will refer it to either locally based technicians or an appropriate ITS systems specialist team.
- All UTAS related IT issues or requests for Students and Staff
- All Telephony issues or requests for Students and Staff
- All Network issues or requests for Students and Staff
- Password management
- All Video Conference support and bookings for Centrally Managed spaces
- All Audio Visual Support for Centrally Managed spaces
3. Service Performance
The Service Desk measures our performance in a large number of ways, the most important being:
1. Response Time: The Service Desk aims to answer over 90% of phone calls within 30 seconds
The minimum desired level is that 85% of calls will be answered within 30 seconds.
2. Telephone call abandonment rate: The percentage of callers abandoning their attempt to phone the Service Desk after waiting 30 seconds is to be kept at or under 7%, with the desire being to keep this at or under 5%.
3. First Call Resolution: The UTAS Service Desk aims to resolve 40% of calls at first phone contact.
Service Desk statistics can be found online: http://www.utas.edu.au/service-desk/service-desk-statistics