You can attach and send multiple files from your computer.
When you specify a file to attach, a copy of the file is attached to the message; the original remains
saved in its original location.
The size of the files you attach to a message can affect how many files you can include. By default, the size limit is 5 megabytes.
How to attach files to a message
To attach a file to a message from the compose window, you can either click the Attach icon or
the Attachments link provided. The Attach File window pops up.
- Click Browse to locate the file you want to attach.
- Click Open to select the file you want to attach.
- Click Add to attach the file to your email. Repeat steps 1 through 3 to attach multiple
To remove an attached file from the list of attachments, click Remove.
- Click Attach in the Attach File dialog box.
The Attach File dialog box closes, and the names of the files you attached appear in the
Attachments field in the New Message page.
How to view a file attached to a message
Attachments in .gif and .jpg file formats sent from Communications Express are displayed as part
of your email messages. Attachments from other mail systems sometimes appear as icons or links.
Other file formats, such as voice or fax attachments, appear as icons or links.
In the message, click the attached file name next to Attachments in the message’s header section. A dialog box appears.
View the file from its current location, or save the attachment in a selected folder on your machine.
How to save a file attached to a message
You can save attached files, such as those in .gif and .jpg file formats, to your local disk.
- Use the Save As function of your browser, or right click the attachment’s file name in
the message header next to Attachments.
A menu appears.
- From the menu, choose Save Link As. The Save As dialog box appears.
- In the File Name field, enter the name of the attachment.
- Click Save.