There is currently no mechanism from within Microsoft Exchange allowing the user to set forwards. If you have a business case for requiring a mail forward you can request one be set by contacting the IT Service Desk by email to email@example.com phone +61 3 6226 1818.
As a Microsoft Exchange user, you can set vacation messages in a variety of ways depending on how you access your mail. Common to all Microsoft Exchange users is the Outlook Web Access interface.
Follow these steps to set a forward using Outlook Web Access:
Vacation - Out of office assistant -> enter text -> save
- First log in to the Outlook Web Access site using the UTAS Webmail page
- Click ‘Options’ toward the top right corner of the page.
- Click ‘Out of Office Assistant’ on the left side of the page.
- Use the fields on the page to enable/disable vacation messages, set date ranges and customise the content of your vacation message.
- Click 'Save' toward the top left corner of the page to apply your chosen settings.