The following guide takes you through adding an Exchange account into Microsoft Outlook 2007. It is important before going through the following steps that you ensure there is a forward in webmail to the exchange server.
This can be checked by logging on to the following site, https://webmail.utas.edu.au/. If this page redirects to Outlook Web Access the forward is in place. If however you are taken to Webmail please follow the instructions located here, www.utas.edu.au/servicedesk/helpsheet/forwards.pdf.
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007 on your computer by clicking on the start menu and selecting all programs then clicking on Microsoft Outlook 2007 under Microsoft Office.
- If this is the first time opening Office 2007 you will be presented with the following Start-up Wizard. If not you will need to access Control Panel, Mail, Email Accounts to add a new mail account and follow steps below.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select the Yes radio button and click next to continue.
- The wizard should auto-detect your username and password otherwise enter them manually. Enter your name, email address and University password where prompted and press next.
- You are now successfully connected to the Microsoft exchange server.
- You may be prompted to enter your University authentication once outlook opens your mailbox up. Enter utas\username and your password when prompted. Ensure Remember my password is ticked.