Writing Up Fellowships
The ISC offers a PhD Writing Up Fellowship scheme to provide financial support to recently completed UTAS PhD students to assist them in publishing from their research. Successful applicants will be awarded $4,000 (paid in the form of a casual CRA3 research assistant position, 80 hours approx) to work intensively for 2-3 months to produce agreed publications related to their PhD research.
Successful applicants will be expected to present their research at an Institute seminar in December 2017, and to acknowledge the support of the Institute in any publications that result.
Applications for the 2017 round of Fellowships close at COB Friday 3 March 2017. Please submit your application via email to Institute Manager Dr Rebecca Dorgelo.
- Having submitted a UTAS PhD between 29 April 2016 and 3 March 2017
- A PhD supervisor is affiliated with the Institute, and supports the application
- The applicant has not previously received a Writing Up Fellowship from the Institute
Writing Up Fellowships will be awarded on a competitive basis with funding decisions made by the ISC Academic Steering Committee. Applications will be assessed by the ISC Director and Steering Committee based on the following criteria:
- Feasibility of proposal, taking into account timely completion of PhD and any previous research outputs during candidature
- Quality of proposed output/s
- Supervisors' endorsement
- Capacity to finalise publications by October 2017, and to present at ISC Seminar in December 2017
- Relevance of the research to the Institute's areas of interest.