Our programs engage Tasmanian communities in exciting learning experiences in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics through research-informed and classroom-tested practices and resources.
- All our programs are closely linked to the new Australian Curricula in Mathematics and Science (PDF 2.4MB), and they will also be linked to the Design and Technology Curriculum to be written in 2012-2013.
- Some of our programs also provide useful exemplars of how the “Sustainability Curriculum Framework (PDF)” could be embedded in K-12 STEM education.
- Our primary school level programs are also linked with the Australian Academy of Science's "Primary Connections" units.
- Our programs also promote systems thinking, creativity, optimism, collaboration and teamwork, communication and attention to ethical considerations.
- We use the engineering design process to relate to data analysis, constraints, modeling, optimization, trade-offs and systems.