At UTAS, we value student feedback. As part of our aim, SERRU is committed to improve the analysis, interpretation and presentation of external student data.
The unit is responsible for undertaking the coordination and implementation of the following national surveys with its focus on different areas.
The surveys that we use at UTAS are:
- Australian Graduate Survey (AGS)
- University Experience Survey (UES)
- International Student Barometer (ISB)
- Australasian Survey of Student Engagement (AUSSE) – with subsidiaries being the Staff Survey of Student Engagement (SSES) and Postgraduate Survey of Student Engagement (POSSE)
- Beyond Graduation Survey (BGS)
- Graduate Employability Indicators (GEI) Surveys: graduate students, staff and employers
These national surveys serve as a valuable indicator of quality improvement in the student experience at UTAS as well as serving as a comparator with other universities in Australia.
University of Tasmania presented the following presentation [PDF 196KB] on response rates for surveys at the annual Survey Manager's Information Forum. It was organised by Graduate Careers Australia in Sydney from 17 to 18 July 2014.
For information on the external survey process contact Gheeta Krishnan, the External Surveys Coordinator, on