Career Development and Employment invite you to participate in the UTAS Internship and Vacation Work Week
• Advertise your internship and vacation week opportunities to UTAS students from all disciplines, year levels and UTAS campuses via video-link (from your current location)
• No travel costs!
• Raising the awareness of your programs in the earlier years study can be an important strategy in building your brand on campus – It’s never too early to start advertising opportunities to students!
UTAS Internship and Vacation Work Week was introduced in 2012 to raise student awareness of the importance of accessing internship and vacation work opportunities, and to provide employers with a cost effective way to advertise these opportunities directly to UTAS students on all three campuses.
We understand that it can be both costly and time consuming to make the trip to Tasmania to advertise these positions – so we’ve thought of a practical and cost effective way to solve the problem!
As a result of being geographically removed from mainland Australia, the importance of accessing internship and vacation work opportunities has been slower to permeate the UTAS student population than their mainland counterparts. In addition to this, the costs associated with travelling to access these opportunities has been an additional barrier. UTAS recognises the importance of students accessing these opportunities to build their careers, and also sees a great opportunity for employers to access a relatively untapped pool of students for their internship and vacation work vacancies.
• Via video-link from any location
• You can video-link to all three main UTAS campuses for your 50 minute employer information session: Hobart / Launceston / Burnie
• Sessions will be widely advertised on all three UTAS campuses including through CareerHub, our online learning site MyLo and a bulk email out
• You can display a PowerPoint presentation to students linking in from all three campuses during your session
• Email Careers.Service@utas.edu.au requesting a session time or call Christian Ellston on (03) 6226 2156
• Once you have booked a session time, please complete page 2 of the External Video Conference Booking Form to provide the technical details of the site that you’ll be linking in from
• Once you have returned the form, the UTAS Video Conference Administrator will liaise with your technical support department to conduct a test connection prior to the session to ensure reliability of the link
If you have any questions regarding UTAS Internship and Vacation Work Week, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We’re really looking forward to assisting you in building your workforce!
Authorised by the Executive Director, Student Centre
13 May, 2013