Career Development & Employment provides support to embed career development activities within courses and contribute to professional development programs for your students.
Careers workshops and seminars
Generic career development workshops are run by careers advisers from Career Development & Employment and are held on the Hobart, Launceston and Cradle Coast campuses. The workshops are open to students from all year levels and courses. Sessions focus on preparing students for transition to employment after university and life-long career development.
In addition to the generic workshops, careers staff are happy to design workshops on request for individual schools and discipline areas. Contact the careers adviser on your campus for more information.
Employer information sessions
Career Development & Employment arranges a number of graduate employer information sessions during Careers Week and at other times during the semester, on the Hobart and Launceston campuses.
These events generally focus on promotion of graduate programs and other employment opportunities. The events are promoted via UTAS CareerHub, bulk emails to students, and relevant school and discipline contacts.
Career Development & Employment is also able to assist with customised employer sessions, including panels or guest speakers, to meet individual curriculum needs.
Other careers support for staff
Staff in Career Development & Employment are happy to provide advice and guidance for schools, faculties and individual disciplines.
Some issues and activities may include :
- Contributing to course and unit reviews and broader Faculty approaches to career development
- Undertaking career and employment projects
- Contributing to workplace learning strategies, e.g. mock interviews, panel discussions
- Informing you about employers who are interested in your students including graduate and summer vacation job opportunity listings
- Providing relevant and accurate career information