For personal counselling go to the Work Health and Safety web page.
Counsellors can provide the following services to help in meeting some of the diverse needs of your students, as well as your own as a University staff member:
Workshops/Seminars on Offer
Counsellors can be a resource to staff in areas such as:
- managing difficult behaviours (of students and other staff members)
- change and transition management skills
- managing crisis situations and traumatic incidents
- coping with grief and loss in the workplace
- developing workshops on a range of human issues for staff and students
- case management for individual students
- helping students access personal counselling, see Counselling Information for Staff (PDF)
The Student Centre produce a range of fact sheets on a variety of topics relevant to students and staff including:
- careers and employment
- disability and health
- personal development
- tertiary study
- Fact sheets are available in hard copy on all campuses at strategic locations or at Staff Resources or Fact Sheets.
Resources are continually being developed as audio downloads. These include:
- stress recognition and management series
- progressive muscle relaxation
- an introduction to mindfulness
- Links to these and a range of other web-based resources can be found at Resources.