Whether you are just arriving, or have been living here for years, we welcome you to our beautiful island state, and to our University.
If you are a new student, we recommend starting at First Steps
In the topics below you will find a range of information, tips and links to all the essential services and systems you will need.
Our campuses in Hobart and Launceston are vibrant places to study and live. There are many facilities available for you right here. Places to study quietly, eat great food, play sport, buy supplies, meet people and more.
For campus maps and more information on campus facilities visit the campuses page.
The campuses are only a short bus or bike ride to the city. For bus travel you can collect a student Metro Greencard during orientation or anytime at the Uni shop or Metro store (Hobart only).
If you wish to ride your bike, please note that it is compulsory to wear a helmet at all times. See the Government website for other regulations for bike riding.
Please visit Ask Us for more information, or see these questions below to get you started:
- MyLO (My Learning Online): For many units, MyLO houses unit outlines, lecture recordings and is where you submit assignments. You will need your UTAS username and password to log in to MyLO, and you will also need to have completed your enrolment before your unit information becomes available. Unit information usually becomes available in MyLO on the first day of semester. Your Student Advisers have prepared the following guides help you become familiar with MyLO: Understanding MyLO Part One and Understanding MyLO Part Two.
- eStudent: This is where you manage all administrative aspects of your study plan including enrolment, your contact details, fees, exams and graduation. Please ensure that your contact details in eStudent are up-to-date at all times. See ASK US for more information.
- Webmail: The University uses UTAS webmail (within your free Office 365) as the main way of communicating with you. Please check your webmail regularly. When you have your username and password, you can use these to login to webmail using the Microsoft Outlook app or with Microsoft Office 365.
- Wireless Internet: Join the University's wireless internet network, Eduroam. The Eduroam website has step by step instructions to help get you set up, either on your computer or smart device.
- Office 365: As a UTAS student, you can download Office 365 for free on up to 10 devices. Enjoy a full, installed Office experience across PCs, Macs, Windows tablets and iPad and Android tablets, and most mobile devices.
The Service Desk can help you sort out any issues with University computing systems - passwords, MyLO, wireless access, etc. If you're not feeling confident about your computer skills, please read the Computer Skills for Uni Advice Sheet.
Below are links to a number of administrative forms that you may need to access at various times.
- Application to Extend Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- Application for Completion Letter for Visa Support
- Application for Payment Plan + Guidelines for Payment Plan
- Application for Reinstatement of Enrolment
- Application to Transfer Education Provider + Transfer Request Policy
- Letter Request Form
- Remission of Debt Application Guide and Form
- Withdraw / Cancellation Form