The app is now available for free download in the Apple iTunes Store.
This is the first app of its type being used to market education at a faculty level.
Over the last couple of years universities world-wide have begun to use this technology to provide information for enrolled students; but so far SET is the only faculty that has taken this opportunity to develop a comprehensive and interactive mobile app to inform international and domestic prospective students.
Prospective students who download the SET mobile app can:
- Explore more than 100 course options and apply online
- Find out everything you need to know about what life at UTAS is like, how much it costs, where to live while you study and what services are available
- Check out the interactive image gallery and a series of video profiles of SET students and lecturers
- Discover some of the spectacular places they might find themselves on fieldtrips on the interactive map of Tasmania
- Find out what careers will be open to them when they have obtained a tertiary qualification from SET
- Receive local weather forecasts
- Use the campus maps to navigate around all three UTAS campuses
- Stay up to date with the latest news
- Email the faculty directly with any additional queries