UTAS counsellors offer confidential and professional counselling to students experiencing a range of academic, mental health and personal concerns including (but not limited to) anxiety, stress, depression, motivational problems and relationship difficulties.
Counsellors are located in Hobart, Launceston, Burnie, Sydney and well as online. For details on accessing the Personal Counselling service near you visit our Ask Us article, How do I make an appointment to see a counsellor? Counsellors can also assist with accessing specialist services in the wider community.
We recognise that these and other difficulties may impact your ability to study effectively. The Counselling Information for Students Fact sheet outlines the Counselling service and how counsellors can assist UTAS students.
- I need help with some personal issues. Who can I talk to?
- How do I make an appointment to see a counsellor?
- Do you have information about rights, privacy and confidentiality for UTAS Personal Counselling services?
- How can I maintain or improve my physical and mental wellbeing while studying?
- Are there any resources for managing anxiety, stress and/or relaxation?