The University has a wide range of accommodation options available for students at the Hobart and Launceston campuses. Select an option to visit their website.
Accommodation Services - Hobart and Launceston
Accommodation Services As the state's largest housing provider, you definitely won't be disappointed with the choices available to you.
Choose between several styles of accommodation and support options on the Hobart and Launceston Campuses.
Each residence is unique, offering a range of social, cultural and sporting opportunities in an environment conducive to study and academic achievement.
Significant emphasis is placed on fostering safe, healthy, supportive and resilient residential academic communities. There is an emphasis on sharing, learning and experiencing different values, cultures and customs.
Hobart campus: Christ College, John Fisher College, University Apartments and Mt Nelson Villas.
Launceston campus: Newnham Apartments, Leprena, Kerslake Hall and Investigator Hall.
Jane Franklin Hall - Hobart
Jane Franklin Hall is a fully-catered, independent residential college and affiliate of the University of Tasmania. Located in South Hobart, Jane is the perfect place to live during undergraduate or postgraduate study.
Our mission is to provide a life-enhancing learning and living experience in a collegiate environment for students studying at university. This is achieved through an emphasis on community, academics and inclusivity.
- Situated on beautiful grounds with views of Hobart, the River Derwent and Kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
- Short distance from all University of Tasmania campuses in Hobart.
- Fully-catered - three meals a day, seven days a week with Australian and international cuisine.
- Comprehensive fee packaging - no heating, electricity or water bills.
- Competitively priced with comparable value for money.
- College-wide free wireless internet access.
- 24/7 support delivered by highly trained staff.
- Purpose built Academic Development Program
- Multiple study spaces and library.
- Monthly social and cultural events.
- Community driven - student leadership, residential staff and peer support.
- Rich sporting culture - table tennis, softball, cricket, soccer, Australian Rules Football (AFL), rugby.
- Opportunities to develop life-long friendships.
- Free transport to Hobart campuses on the Jane Bus.
- Close to shops, supermarkets, doctors and hospitals.
- Scholarships for students of the College.