The Tasmanian Institute of Learning and Teaching provides leadership, advocacy and community building in order to promote and embed a culture of excellence in Higher Education learning and teaching. This mission is realised through four interwoven theme areas;
- Orientation to Higher Education learning and teaching;
- Developing engaging, authentic and innovative learning and teaching;
- Supporting and leading institutional improvement in learning and teaching; and
- Continuing professional development, recognition and scholarly practice.
Underpinning each of these theme areas is the responsibility for delivery on strategic plans and policies in the areas of learning and teaching.
What we do
Activities and services in support of staff include the following:
Staff development program
Information about professional development and workshops can be found on the Teaching and Learning website
Resources and advice in support of teaching
Resources available include:
- Awards, Grants and Fellowships
- Bachelor of Education with Professional Honours (Higher Education) - E4W
- Flexible delivery strategies
- Teaching & learning online
For individual and group advice please contact a Tasmanian Institute of Learning and Teaching staff member.
The Tasmanian Institute of Learning and Teaching works with staff across the University to evaluate emerging technologies for use in learning and teaching.
Further information: Email: TILT enquiries