Senior Project Officer
The role of the Senior Project Officer, Underwood Centre
The Senior Project Officer for the Centre:
- provides strategic and administrative advice and support to the Director and staff
- develops, implements and reviews major policies, objectives and strategies
- supports members of the Directorate with special projects
- assists with applications for nationally competitive research grants and consultancies, including preparing and monitoring project budgets
- undertakes administrative tasks associated with research projects such as basic data entry and arranging data collection interview
- drafts comprehensive reports, correspondence and/or other documents
- provides oversight for other project officers in the Centre.
Oliver Grant joined the Underwood Centre from his role as Funding Officer in the Office of Research Services. His Senior Project Officer role fits well with Oliver's capabilities as an all-rounder.
Oliver's experience is diverse, reflecting his capacity for change and willingness to pursue varied interests. He holds a BA (Hons) in Scandinavian Studies and a BSc (Hons) in Architectural Technology. He has travelled widely; his sense of adventure was partly behind moving with his family to Tasmania in 2014. He built a successful career as a chiropractor and changed direction to establish an architectural design business before enjoying a short period as a stay-at-home dad.
Oliver has a solid sense of affiliation with the aims of the Underwood Centre as the son of a teacher—and now a father himself—and as the first of his family to benefit from studying to degree level. He is committed to working at the Centre because it provides a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to the future of his new home state.