UniStart is free to all University of Tasmania students who are Australian citizens, permanent residents, or who hold a humanitarian visa.
You can enrol in UniStart when you accept your offer
- This is the case even if enrolments are not yet open for your other university units usually around November.
- As you complete the online process, you will be asked if you want to enrol in Unistart.
- Tick 'I want to enrol in UniStart'. The available sessions will now be displayed.
- Select which UniStart program you want to attend/participate in: On-Campus in Hobart, Launceston, the Cradle Coast, Darlinghurst or Rozelle or by Distance (nominally listed as 'Hobart' because we organise the program from there - YOU can be anywhere).
- If you choose to study On-Campus in Hobart or Launceston, remember there are two offerings. See Course Dates & Schedule for the dates of each program.
You can enrol in UniStart through the eStudentCentre
(e.g. If you have accepted your offer and did not enrol in UniStart at the time or you are already enrolled at university)
- You can access the eStudentCentre through the Current Students webpage.
- You will need to know the code for UniStart, which is XAA001.
- Choose which UniStart program you want to attend/participate in: On-Campus in Hobart, Launceston, the Cradle Coast, Darlinghurst or Rozelle, or by Distance.
- (If you choose to study On-Campus in Hobart or Launceston in Semester 1, remember there are two offerings. See Course Dates & Schedule for the dates of each program.)
Once you have enrolled
- UniStart is flexible. Remember, if you enrol in On-Campus, you can still access online resources, and if you enrol in Distance, you can still come along to face-to-face workshops, too.
- If you change your mind about which session you want to attend/participate in after you've enrolled, don't worry too much, just send us a quick email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know what your preference is, so we know when to expect you.
- You can manage your enrolment. Once you have enrolled in UniStart (through any the methods discussed above) you can manage (check, change, etc) your enrolment through the eStudentCentre. You can access the eStudentCentre through the Current Students webpage.
- Keep your contact information up-to-date. Information regarding UniStart can be obtained through this web-site. Once enrolled, you will also receive information in the mail (approximately one week before class begins). Letters will be sent to the postal address you provide the University, so please ensure this information is up-to-date.