UniStart is free to all University of Tasmania students who are Australian citizens, permanent residents, or who hold a humanitarian visa.
- When you apply via eApplications, you will have the chance to enrol in UniStart and choose where/ how/when you want to do the unit
- If you are already accepted your offer into a course, you can enrol into Unistart via eStudent.
- Once you have enrolled in UniStart you can manage your enrolment through eStudent or by contacting Enrolments.
- UniStart is flexible. If you enrol in On-Campus, you can still access online resources, and if you enrol in Distance, you can still come along to face-to-face workshops, as well.
- If you change your mind about which session you want to attend/participate in after you have enrolled, don't worry, just send us a quick email (email@example.com) so we know where and when to expect you.
- Keep your contact information up-to-date. Once enrolled, you will receive information via email
Commonwealth Assistance forms (eCAF) and UniStart
- UniStart is both a course (XOA) and a unit(XLL001).
- Every course in which you are enrolled must have an eCAF completed for it.
- UniStart is free for you, there is No HECS fee to you, but we need you to complete an eCAF.
- You DO NOT pay for UniStart but we need you to complete an eCAF.
- If you withdraw from the unit, you are still enrolled in the course and we need you to complete an eCAF.
Complete the eCAF for UniStart in eStudent.
- Log in to eStudent
- Click on Commonwealth Assistance forms
- If you do not see an eCAF for UniStart, a new form is required.
- Next to UniStart, click on 'add new'.
- If you wish to check the form you have lodged, click on 'view'.
- Do not change anything on the eCAF
- You do not need to add your tax file number.
- Tick the upfront payment box as the University is paying for the unit, not you.
- If you make a mistake, just create a new form and start again