|Chair||Mr Harvey Gibson||31 December 2018|
|Chair of Finance Committee*||Mr Rhys Edwards||31 December 2017|
Up to 5 other members
Professor Kwong Lee Dow
31 December 2016
|Secretary||Ms Belinda Webster|
| Attendees: |
* The Chair
of Finance Committee is not expected
to attend every
meeting of Audit
& Risk Committee.
** The Provost will attend when the VC is unavailable, whether or not the Provost is Acting VC
- To oversee the risk management framework and ensure that it effectively facilitates the identification, assessment and mitigation of key higher level risks across the University (including all entities and activities).
- To ensure that the University is supported with a contemporary internal audit program that provides appropriate depth and breadth of coverage.
- To monitor the activities and performance of the internal and external audit functions.
- To review and endorse the annual financial statements.
- To review internal and external audit reports to ensure that recommendations and agreed actions are promptly enacted.
- To facilitate the conduct of special investigations initiated by the committee or requested by Council as required.
- To monitor the establishment of, and on-going compliance with, an appropriate framework of internal control.
For all University Council and Committee meeting dates, please refer to the Planning Calendar.
Any submissions for the committee should be sent to Belinda Webster, University Secretary and Secretary to the Audit & Risk Committee using the attached template (Word 250KB).
Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Private Bag 51, Hobart 7001.