Built Environment and Infrastructure Committee
|Chair||Mrs Susan Chen||31 December 2020|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Rufus Black||28 February 2023|
|Chair of Academic Senate (or nominee)||Professor Dianne Nicol||31 December 2018|
|4 other members appointed by Council, having regard to the desired skills and experience approved by Council||
Mr David Button|
Dr Peter Davis
Professor Elaine Stratford
Mr Corey Peterson
31 December 2019|
31 December 2020
31 December 2018
31 December 2018
|Secretary||Mr Alastair McDougall|
Chief Operating Officer
Executive Director Infrastructure Services & Development
Mr David Clerk
Ms Jacinta Young
Members should have skills, knowledge and industry experience in design, development and management of the environment (both natural and built).
The committee will focus on strategy and high level policy.
The committee is responsible for considering, reviewing and advising Council on the development, approval and implementation of:
- Campus Framework Plans
- Priorities for major capital works
- Strategic asset management plan
- Preventative maintenance program
- Buildings and grounds plans
- Design standards for building works and landscaping
- Policies in respect of the built environment and sustainability.
Note- a major capital project is one:
- Involving expenditure or receipt by the University of more than $500,000; or
- of strategic or political significance to the University.
For all University Council and Committee meeting dates, please refer to the Planning Calendar.
Any submissions for the committee should be sent to Alastair McDougall, Executive Director University Governance and Secretary to the Built Environment and Infrastructure Committee using the attached template (Word 250KB). Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Private Bag 51, Hobart 7001.
- Built Environment Governance Level Principle
- Environmental Management Governance Level Principle