Ceremonial and Honorary Degrees
|Chair (Chancellor, ex officio)||The Hon. Michael Field AC||31 December 2020|
|Vice-Chancellor (ex officio)||Professor Mike Calford (Acting)||28 February 2018|
|Deputy Chancellor (ex officio)||Mr Harvey Gibson||31 December 2018|
|Chair Academic Senate (or nominee) (ex officio)||Professor Dom Geraghty (Acting)||31 December 2018|
|Chair of the Foundation (ex officio)||Vacant|
|Chair of the Alumni (or nominee) (ex officio)||Associate Professor Ashley Townsend|
|Executive Director of the UTAS Foundation||Mr Young Dawkins|
|Appointed by Council||Vacant|
|Secretary||Mr Alastair McDougall|
To make recommendations to Council for the recognition by the University, and for the nomination for recognition by other bodies, of individuals and organisations, including:
- To make recommendations to Council for the conferring of the title of Emeritus Professor and Honorary Professor
- To make recommendations to Council for the conferring of honorary degrees
- To make recommendations to Council for the conferring of the award Fellow of the University
- To make recommendations to Council for University nominations to the Australian honours system
and for other forms of recognition external to the University
- To make recommendations to Council for the naming of buildings or facilities in accordance with the policy approved by Council
- Generally to consider and advise Council on all matters relating to recognition by the University, the conferring of degrees ceremonies, and other ceremonial matters.
The committee should meet at least quarterly. For all University Council and Committee meeting dates, please refer to the Planning Calendar.
Any submissions for the committee should be sent to Alastair McDougall, Executive Director University Governance and Secretary to the Ceremonial and Honorary Degrees Committee using the attached template (Word 250KB).
Please email them to email@example.com or post to Private Bag 51, Hobart 7001.
- Conferring Degrees and Presenting Testamurs [PDF 60KB]
- Preparation of Nomination Materials for Honorary Degrees [PDF 74KB]
- Preparation of Nomination Materials for the Award of Fellow of the University of Tasmania [PDF 70KB]
- Naming and Naming Rights Policy [PDF 29KB]
- Honorary Graduates of the University of Tasmania