|Chair (Chancellor, ex officio)||The Hon. Michael Field AC||31 December 2018|
|Vice-Chancellor (ex officio)||Professor Peter Rathjen||31 December 2018|
|Deputy Chancellor (ex officio)||Mr Harvey Gibson||31 December 2018|
|Chair Academic Senate (or nominee) (ex officio)||Professor Dianne Nicol||31 December 2018|
|Chair of the Foundation (ex officio)||Mr Stuart Clues|
|Chair of the Alumni (or nominee) (ex officio)||Dr Ashley Townsend|
|Executive Director of the UTAS Foundation||Mr Young Dawkins|
|Appointed by Council||Vacant|
|Secretary||Mr Alastair McDougall (Acting)|
Terms of Reference
To make recommendations to Council for the recognition by the University, and for the nomination for recognition by other bodies, of individuals and organisations, including:
- To make recommendations to Council for the conferring of the title of Emeritus Professor and Honorary Professor
- To make recommendations to Council for the conferring of honorary degrees
- To make recommendations to Council for the conferring of the award Fellow of the University
- To make recommendations to Council for University nominations to the Australian honours system
and for other forms of recognition external to the University
- To make recommendations to Council for the naming of buildings or facilities in accordance with the policy approved by Council
- Generally to consider and advise Council on all matters relating to recognition by the University, the conferring of degrees ceremonies, and other ceremonial matters.
The committee should meet at least quarterly. For all University Council and Committee meeting dates, please refer to the Planning Calendar.
Any submissions for the committee should be sent to Belinda Webster, University Secretary and Secretary to the Ceremonial and Honorary Degrees Committee using the attached template (Word 250KB).
Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Private Bag 51, Hobart 7001.
- Conferring Degrees and Presenting Testamurs [PDF 60KB]
- Preparation of Nomination Materials for Honorary Degrees [PDF 74KB]
- Preparation of Nomination Materials for the Award of Fellow of the University of Tasmania [PDF 70KB]
- Naming and Naming Rights Policy [PDF 29KB]
- Honorary Graduates and Fellows of the University