|Chair||Mr Paul Gregg||31 December 2015|
|Vice-Chancellor (ex officio)||Professor Peter Rathjen||31 December 2018|
|Chair of Academic Senate (or nominee) (ex officio)||Professor Dianne Nicol||31 December 2015|
|Chair of Audit & Risk Committee||Mr Harvey Gibson||31 December 2015|
|2 Members appointed by Council|| |
Ms Pip Leedham
31 December 2017
|Secretary||Ms Belinda Webster|
|Professor Mike Calford|
Mr David Clerk
Mr Craig Barling
Terms of Reference
- To provide strategic assessment and review of the UTAS financial position
- To monitor the financial performance and activities of the University and to make recommendations to Council on financial matters as appropriate
- To review the University's triennial budget and report to Council on its financial implications
- To review budgets of boards, centres and other Council controlled entities operating outside the triennial budget
- To recommend to Council University investment policy and to review that policy and oversee the investment of University funds
- To review levels of fees and charges imposed by the University and report to Council as appropriate
- To act as a source of advice and consultation for the Vice-Chancellor on financial matters
- To review the University's fiscal plan and report to Council on its implications
The committee should meet at least quarterly. For all University Council and Committee meeting dates, please refer to the Planning Calendar.
Any submissions for the committee should be sent to Belinda Webster, University Secretary and Secretary to the Finance Committee using the attached template (Word 250KB).
Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Private Bag 51, Hobart 7001.