|Chair||Mr Rhys Edwards||31 December 2017|
|Vice-Chancellor (ex officio)||Professor Peter Rathjen||31 December 2018|
|Chair of Academic Senate (or nominee) (ex officio)||Professor Dianne Nicol||31 December 2018|
|Chair of Audit & Risk Committee||Mr Harvey Gibson||31 December 2018|
|2 Members appointed by Council||
Ms Pip Leedham|
Mr Paul Gregg
31 December 2017|
31 December 2018
|Secretary||Mr Alastair McDougall (Acting)|
Chief Operating Officer
Acting Chief Financial Officer
Mr David Clerk
Ms Jo Willsmore
Terms of Reference
- To provide strategic advice to Council on the University's financial performance and sustainability
and on the financial implications of future plans
- To consider and recommend to Council –
- the University's annual operating budget
- the University's capital management plans and associated budget
- proposals for the creation of new entities or participation in significant external enterprises
- business cases for major developments or strategic projects
- To monitor financial performance against the University's operating and capital budgets
- To consider proposals impacting the borrowings of the University
- To monitor the implementation of the University's investment and treasury policies and to
recommend changes as necessary
- To monitor the implementation of the University's financial delegations and delegations policy and
to recommend changes as necessary
- To act as a source of advice and consultation for the Vice-Chancellor on financial matters
- To consider any matter referred to it by Council or by the Vice-Chancellor.
The committee should meet at least quarterly. For all University Council and Committee meeting dates, please refer to the Planning Calendar.
Any submissions for the committee should be sent to Belinda Webster, University Secretary and Secretary to the Finance Committee using the attached template (Word 250KB).
Please email them to email@example.com or post to Private Bag 51, Hobart 7001.