(appointed by Finance Committee)
|An external member appointed by Finance Committee (Chair)||Mr Rod Roberts||31 December 2014|
|2 external members, one of whom may also be a member of Finance Committee||Mr Paul Gregg |
Mr Leigh Horne
|31 December 2015|
31 December 2014
|Chief Operating Officer (ex officio)||Mr David Clerk|
|Secretary||Ms Belinda Webster|
External investment advisor
Chief Financial Officer
Mr Craig Barling
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference
- To provide oversight and stewardship of the UTAS investment portfolio, including Treasury funds and Foundation funds (entirety of funds managed).
- To develop, review and recommend to Finance Committee and Council the University's Investment Policy (policy setting).
- To assess the University's risk and return profile and approve investment strategies in order to meet approved investment objectives (risk and strategy).
- To evaluate, and approve investment decisions based on advice from the appointed investment advisor and University management. Outcomes are to be reported to Finance Committee and Council as appropriate and actioned by University management (investment decisions including fund manager hires).
- To monitor investment performance against the Investment Policy requirements and report on these to Finance Committee and Council (monitor & report).
- To assess and recommend to Finance Committee and Council the appointment and termination of the independent investment advisor and consultants (advisor management).
- To recommend to Finance Committee and Council for approval the rules for withdrawing funds from the investment portfolio for operational purposes (rules for access to funds).
Quorum-The quorum is 3 members of the committee.
the attached template for submitting papers to Council [Word 250KB]and its committee.
Any submissions should be sent to Belinda Webster, General Counsel & University Secretary and Secretary to the Finance Committee.
Private Bag 42, Hobart 7001 or Belinda.Webster@utas.edu.au