Driving Minimum Standards
The objective of this Minimum Standard is to provide a framework for approved staff, students, volunteers and visitors driving University authorised vehicles. The University acknowledges its responsibility to provide safe vehicles and to ensure that they are properly maintained. Vehicles must be selected and used only for the purposes intended and by authorised and competent persons, and in compliance with all road rules, traffic laws and licence conditions.
This Standard provides the specifications for authorised vehicles. It also provides the requirements that Organisational Units must comply with if they own University vehicles that are not managed centrally by Commercial Services Development (CSD).
Forms and Checklists associated with the above Minimum Standards:
- Authorisation to Drive a University Vehicle
- Driver Medical Disclosure Form
- Vehicle Safety and Condition Checklist
- Vehicle Safety Features and Equipment Checklist
- Claim for Kilometreage Allowance and approval to use own vehicle
Driver's Licence (International and Interstate)
The following links provide information for drivers of University vehicles who hold international and interstate licences:
Road Closures and Weather Warnings
Other providers may be listed in the yellow pages.
ANCAP Rating (useful site for identifying rating for private vehicle)
extract from Driving Minimum Standard
"To be a University authorised vehicle, the vehicle must:
* have an Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) 5 Star rating; or
* have an ANCAP 4 Star rating and a kerb weight of 1300 – 1700kg; or
* be a specific purpose vehicle assessed and authorised using an approved University risk assessment."