- Radiation Protection Act 2005
- Radiation Protection Regulations 2006
- Security of Radiation Sources RPS No11 (PDF 294.9KB)
With effect from 1 July 2009, the Code of Practice for the Security of Radioactive Sources, Radiation Protection Series (RPS) No 11 is considered as a licence condition.
In summary, sources are categorised by the formula A/D. Using the table in the reference RPS No11, there is a list of security outcomes that are mandatory. How those outcomes are achieved may vary according to the type of practice or use. Unsealed sources are exempt from the Code of Practice for the Security of Radioactive Sources. There is also a requirement as detailed in the errata attached for possibly a security check or an identity check using the table in the RPS No11.
- Errata - RPS No11 (PDF 22.3KB)
- Letter to UTas re Implementation of the Security Code of Practice (PDF 239.7KB)
- Radiation Materials Exemption Levels (PDF 816.5KB)
- Radiation Code of Practice of ARPANSA Publications on specific practices involving the use of radiation.
Radiation Safety Minimum Standard
Code of Practice, Guidelines
The Tasmania legislation requires each organisation to have a Radiation Safety Plan which is authorised by the Radiation Safety Policy/Minimum Standard.
- ARPANSA- Codes of Practice and guidance.
- ARPANSA Publications-Radiation Protection Series & Radiation Health Series (PDF 52.9KB)
- Import Permits ARPANSA issue the import permit +61 3 9541 8340
Users of regulated radiation must meet or exceed the criteria in these guidelines.
Inspections, Quality Assurance best practice Audits
Annual Audit Report
Annual Audit Report (Word 7.7MB) (current)
Radiation Management System
Radiation Management System (RadMS) (existing database on ITS server)
This is a web based database that is provided by Information Technology Services (ITS). The School Radiation Safety Officer, one per School or one per licence,, e.g. 1 per radiation materials licence, plus one per electronic equipment licence, have on line access to amend details.
All Approved Facilities for dealing with sources of radiation/equipment are listed in the Asset Management Services database. Project/Equipment/Source proposals are submitted via signed applications only.
Radiation Protection Unit (RPU) of the Department of Health & Human Services for all forms. Under the Tasmanian legislation for regulated radiation and premises, the Unviersity has to use the application forms available on the RPU website.
Radiation On-line Training and other Resources
- Radiation Safety (current)
- Video and workbook - Radiation Safety: The Key to Contamination Control, produced by the University of Calgary, Safety Office. This is a set of kits in 4 loanable parts from the Library. The shelf number is: LTN KIT 363.1799 R129 1987 pt 1 – 4 Reading material available in the UTas Library