You can't be a safe worker if you're not a healthy worker.Professor Dame Carol Black
UK National Director for Health and Work.
The overall objective of MyHEALTH is to enable healthy and happy staff and promote a positive balance between work and rest of life.
MyHEALTH promotes broad ranging action towards healthy and happy staff which flows onto student interaction and the rest of live.
The University is committed to providing a workplace that addresses the health of staff and students by:
- Promoting healthy habits
- Creating a healthy workplace environment.
A healthy workplace can have significant benefits to staff, students and the broader University community and the benefits extend beyond work onto rest of life.
The three elements to MyHEALTH and their programs are:
- PHYSICAL HEALTH – Develop healthier bodies
- Physical activity - staff activity program gym membership and Exertime
- Nutritional Health - resources on healthy food choices at home and at work
- Health Promotion - staff flu vaccines, health insurance and further learning
- Alcohol, Drugs and Smoking Cessation Support - resources on reducing consumption of alcohol, smoking cessation support and other drugs information and support services
- Sleep and Fatigue - Sleep support and Fatigue Management
- MENTAL HEALTH – Support healthier minds
- Counselling Services - Staff and student support services
- Behavioural Contact Officers - Active and available Contact Officer Network
- Mental Health First Aid - Training and resources for Staff
- Mindfulness - Online Mindfulness program
- Health and Wellbeing Promotion - events, promtions and services
- WORKPLACE HEALTH – Building healthier workplaces
- Risk Management
- Health Monitoring
- Support for Managers and Staff
- Support for Supervisors and Students
Workplace Massage - Staff - limited spaces - booking details available now Register Here
Mental Health Week Seminars
Broadcasts now available:
Sarah Dawkins - Positivity @Work and Study
Jessie Armitage - 5 Ways to Wellbeing