Work Health & Safety Induction & Training
The University of Tasmania Work, Health & Safety (WHS) Unit welcomes you to the University. Our policy is to provide all staff, students and volunteers with a safe and healthy workplace.
You are required to complete two mandatory inductions: the Local Area Induction and the Online WHS Induction in MyLO and also complete a Training Needs Analysis based on your role and work activities to give you the information you need to know about the structure of WHS management at the University of Tasmania and to meet legislative training and competency requirements:
- The Local Area WHS Induction aims to provide safety information specific to the building and work area staff and students will be working within.
- The online MyLO WHS Induction aims to give staff and students a broad overview of Work, Health and Safety policy, procedures and practices at the University of Tasmania and an understanding of their safety responsibilities.
- Training Needs Analysis aims to identify mandatory and recommended induction and training needs to ensure legislative compliance and competency of staff and students before commencement of a work activity.
Further training information:
- Chemwatch – Chemical Management System for SDS and Inventory
- Emergency Warden Training
- First Aid Training
- Health Safety Representative (HSR)
- OnGuard Induction – Workshop Equipment Training and Competency System
- MyCert Manager – for Organisational Unit Reports of Induction records from MyLO
The Work Health and Safety Training and Events Calendar provides information on upcoming training available either in-house or externally.