The Work Health and Safety Unit has responsibility for the management of workers compensation claims and the return to work of injured employees.
There is a variety of information available for you contained in the links below. If you need to contact someone regarding Workers Compensation please contact:
Workers Compensation Administrator
Phone: +61 3 6226 7877
Fax: +61 3 6226 2751
- University Questions and Answers (PDF 219.9KB)
- Summary of Legislation (PDF 42.9KB)
- More general information can be found at Work Cover Tasmania or Work Cover NSW
- Return to Work of Injured Employees Minimum Standard
- Workers' Compensation Legislation & Psychological Injury
Information for Employees injured whilst travelling
The University has coverage for employees travelling on authorised, or travel incidental to the business. More information about Travel Insurance can be found on Pages 11, 20-24 and 38-39 of the Insurance Guidelines document contained on http://www.utas.edu.au/docs/fin_services/policies/policy_18-1_1.html
The University has engaged International SOS to provide international travel advisory and risk management services. Financial Services website Travel Information page (Travel Warnings/Advice) can provide further information including how to download your International SOS Travel Card.