We know many jobs have been impacted by COVID-19 and we want to ensure our students have options. Below is a list of grants open to apply for students:
- To support students through this difficult time, we have streamlined and fast tracked our student financial assistance in collaboration with the Tasmania University Student Association (TUSA), to ensure we can be as responsive as possible to student needs.
- The Tasmania government Rent Relief package for residential households who rent in the private market.
- The Tasmania Community is providing a range of offerings. A list of these can be found on the Student Portal.
- International students who are studying and working in Australia may be able to access financial assistance when they are:
- Required to self-isolate or are caring for someone with COVID-19 (Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment); or
- Adversely affected by a state public health order and are required to be in lockdown for more than seven days (COVID-19 Disaster Payment).
For more information on the financial support payments, including eligibility criteria, refer to Centrelink.
If you find yourself struggling financially, remember you can also talk through your options with a financial counsellor.