I have been asked to isolate. Can the University provide accommodation or pay for my quarantine?

There are a variety of restrictions depending on your location of origin. For the latest information, please check the Tasmanian Government's Coronavirus website.

When people apply to return to Tasmania, Public Health will determine whether you need to isolate and whether you can isolate at your home address or need to enter government quarantine.

Where your home address is University student accommodation, we can support you during your period of isolation. For people asked to enter government quarantine, we do not have alternative approved accommodation that can be used.

The costs of government quarantine are the individual’s responsibility. If you are experiencing financial difficulty, you can apply for support.