As a student at the University of Tasmania, you're invited to participate in Green Impact – a program that engages teams of students and staff in shaping the sustainability of our University. You'll work together online, connect with others and take small steps towards sustainability.
Green Impact is an opportunity for students and staff at the University to:
Take practical action to improve the sustainability of their campuses
Collaborate with peers they may not usually work with
Learn about current sustainability initiatives of the University
Engage in new and creative activities with an element of competition.
The program is an integrated approach to sustainability centered around nine themes:
- Resources and waste
- Biodiversity and community
- Health and wellbeing
- Energy and carbon
- Inclusivity and diversity
Green Impact was developed by the National Union of Students (NUS) in the United Kingdom where it has been run for over 10 years, with more than 20,000 people actively participating.
In Australasia the Green Impact program is supported by Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability. The University of Tasmania is currently one of eleven universities in Australia and New Zealand taking part in the program.
University of Tasmania Green Impact reports:
- Green Impact Program 2019 Report (PDF 799.5 KB)
- Green Impact Program 2021 Report (PDF 763.7 KB)
- International examples from the Green Impact teams (PDF 4.8 MB)
- Register as a team or an individual and we will create a team for your local area or within your College.
- Once we receive your registration, we will contact you by email with more details.
- Register as an individual, create a new team (3-15 staff members) or join an existing team with your colleagues.
- Read the online toolkit and decide which actions you would like to take part in and allocate responsibilities.
- Collaborate and take part in new initiatives or communicate what you are already doing with your colleagues and the wider community.
- Upload your actions to your online toolkit before the closing date.
- Join the end of year Sustainability Awards Event.
|7 March 2022||Toolkit opens|
|March-April 2022||Green Impact pre-audits|
|9 September 2022||Toolkit closes|
|16 September 2022||Auditing day|
|November 2022||Awards ceremony|