The University of Tasmania has been carbon neutral certified since 2016 under the Commonwealth Climate Active Carbon Neutral Standard. As part of the certification, we offset our greenhouse gas emissions by investing in projects that prevent, reduce or remove emissions.
UCapture is a green-tech platform (internet browser extension) that will help to offset the University’s carbon footprint, for free, when you shop online. We are not asking you to shop more (please don’t!) but to let UCapture work while doing your usual shopping.
How does UCapture work?
- Visit www.ucapture.com/utas
- Install the UCapture extension. It works in most browsers including Edge, Firefox and Chrome.
- Create your account.
- Let it work!
UCapture will activate automatically 25,000+ stores when you go to their website, triggering them to fund certified carbon offset projects when you shop* . Selected offset projects support forest regeneration and biodiversity, biogas to energy, wind energy and energy efficiency in six countries.
* Please note that your carbon offsets might not appear in your account immediately. Some merchants only process the information once a month or once a year. But fear not, your offsets have been accounted for!
What’s in it for you?
- Save the planet: help combat climate change by earning carbon offsets for free.
- Save money: UCapture also applies the best coupon code available when you reach the checkout page.
What about privacy?
- UCapture does not track your browsing or collect personal information.