What to bring with you
We provide many of the things you will need on a day to day basis, including all necessary furniture, room fittings etc.
However, you will need to bring your personal items such as:
- Bed linen - quilt, pillows, linen, blankets (alternatively linen packages may be purchased from the office)
- Books, stationery and USB/external disk
- Computer (optional - computer labs are provided)
- Stereo equipment (optional but earphones are essential)
- Laundry detergent
- Clothing, including formal dinner wear (some residences have regular formal dinners. There are also a variety of activities and events which require formal wear). Formal wear for men is a jacket, shirt, tie and trousers (not jeans). Formal wear for ladies is a dress, or blouse and skirt or 'dressy' trousers (not jeans).
All residents have the option to self-cater. To do this you will also need to supply:
- Your own food
- All cooking implements, including cutlery, crockery, utensils, pots, pans, plastic containers, cling wrap, foil etc.
If you live in one of the University Apartments (Hobart) or in Q Block Leprena (Launceston) you will also need to supply your own toilet paper and cleaning products including; detergents, rubber gloves, dish cloths, tea towels etc. (Vacuum cleaners are supplied.)
Payments before your arrival
Before you arrive, there are some payments that need to be made.
This information will be explained in your letter of offer of accommodation, and is also included in the Residency Agreement which you agreed to when confirming your place. It can also be viewed on the Accounts and Online Services page.
If you have any questions about your account prior to arrival, please contact us and we will be happy to assist.