The new Alumni Advisory Committee has met for the first time, buoyed by a groundswell of support from alumni globally and the senior leadership of the University.
“Over the coming months and years, I look forward to collaborating closely with this impressive committee as we work to shape an exciting future vision for the University’s alumni program,” Chair Alastair Lee said afterwards.
It convened for the first time on Wednesday evening,10 May 2017, on the Sandy Bay campus.
The Alumni Advisory Committee for 2017-18 comprises:
- Alastair Lee – Associate Director Alumni Relations (Chair)
- Lee-Anne Britcliffe – Australian Maritime College
- Professor Nathan Bindoff – Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies
- Sally Thurley – College of Arts and Law (interim)
- Scott Sullivan - Faculty of Education
- Matthew Stevenson – Faculty of Health/Menzies Institute for Medical Research
- Professor Andrew Chan – Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology
- Associate Professor Martin Grimmer – Tasmanian School of Business and Economics
- Danielle Kidd – Community Partnerships and Regional Development
- Sara Franz – Global Division Office
- Student Life – to be advised
- Clark Cooley – Tasmanian University Union
- Lisa Morisset - elected alumni member
- Robyn Phillips - elected alumni member
- Catherine Williamson – elected alumni member
- Young Dawkins – Executive Director, Advancement (ex-officio)
- Michaela Lightfoot – Committee Administrator
For more information about the new Advisory Committee visit: