*Please note, the Bachelor of General Studies is now the Diploma of University Studies.
Things you really need to know
Click on each topic to find out more information and instructions
- Units are the subjects you will study. You may enrol in 1 – 4 units per semester.
- Enrolment instructions can be found in the next section.
- IMPORTANT: If you are not participating in required activities in a unit (such as attending lectures and tutorials, submitting assignments, logging into MyLO and/or completing quizzes) you may be automatically withdrawn from the unit. Withdrawal information is reported to Centrelink.
- To browse available units: Course and Unit Handbook Search
- You can begin either program in either Semester 1 or Semester 2.
- My Learning Online – the online system which supports all teaching and learning activity at the University of Tasmania. It is used by both on-campus and online students.
- Please see the MyLO section for an Introductory MyLO video and other helpful resources
- In each unit you will be given a unit outline – this gives you vital information about your unit, including:
- Names and contact details of teaching staff
- What you will be learning and why
- Semester Schedule
- How you will be assessed
- Required resources (books, lab equipment etc.)
- How and where to go for help
- You should refer to your Unit Outlines regularly.
Return to the Orientation home page.