The Hadley's Art Prize, Hobart (HAPH) celebrates the work of contemporary Australian landscape artists. The University of Tasmania is partnering with HAPH to offer the opportunity for students to gain firsthand art analysis via a visit to the HAPH exhibition and shown through the exhibition by the curator, or another member of the HAPH staff.
- Suitable for Years 5 - 12
- Ideal for students studying Visual arts
- Expected duration of 60 mins
- Tours available during the month of August 2021 - from Monday 2nd August until Friday 27 August.
- Days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (i.e. NOT Wednesdays)
- Time: 10am until 11am
- Available Hobart only - Hadley's Orient Hotel, 34 Murray Street, Hobart.
Applications close Thursday 15 July 2021
The University of Tasmania recognises that the excursion cost of bus hire can be prohibitive, especially for those schools an hour or more from Hobart. UTAS is offering a financial subsidy to assist in the cost of bus travel for students to attend the exhibition at Hadley's Orient Hotel, Hobart.
There are four subsidies available, worth $300 each.
If your school would like to apply for the subsidy, please indicate in the tour booking form and complete the additional information requested.
Conditions of application:
- Bus subsidy selection will be made by representatives from UTAS.
- Preference will be given to schools of lower socio-economic status who have not yet had an art excursion in 2021.
- We recommend teachers obtain a quote from a bus company before applying for this subsidy. Please note that this subsidy may not cover the full cost of the transportation. Schools will be required to meet any additional transportation costs.
- If your application is successful you will need to book your own bus/es.
- All decisions regarding the allocation of subsidies are final and no discussion will be entered into regarding those decisions.
School groups can book morning tea to follow the HAPH exhibition tour.
Fruit platters from $5 per child. Other options are available. Price on application.
Contact Cassandra Bird, Events Coordinator
Morning tea must be booked prior to the Thursday of the week before the school visit.
Looking to value-add to your visit to Hobart centre? The University of Tasmania's Centre for the Arts offer tours/activities. See information available here.
If you would like to add a visit to the Centre for the Arts, please indicate your interest and preferences in your booking.
Please note: Subject to availability
Opens: Monday 10 May 2021.
Closes: 30 June 2021.