Book activities for your students
From guest speakers and workshops, to campus tours and field trips, below you will find the current range of bookable activities categorised by subject area.
We’d love to work with you to deliver an activity. Please allow for at least 4-6 weeks for planning. Academic staff may be unavailable at certain periods due to teaching commitments. We will endeavour to contact you to discuss the activity within two weeks.
While we can only facilitate bookings for Tasmanian schools online, we encourage interstate school teachers to contact us about opportunities.
To receive updates about activities for students in your inbox, subscribe to our School Engagement Opportunities newsletter.
- Connect with a Chemist (Years 7 - 12)
- Connect with a Computer Scientist (Years 7 - 12)
- Connect with a Global Logistics Expert (Years 7 - 12)
- Connect with a Maritime Engineer (Years 7 - 12)
- Connect with a Medical Scientist (Years 7 - 12)
- Connect with a Pharmacist (Years 7 - 12)
- Connect with a Zoologist (Years 1 - 12)
- Connect with an Environmental Scientist (Years 7 - 12)
- Earth Sciences Tour of Collections (Years 1 – 6)
- Ethical Hacking Workshop (Years 10 - 12)
- Hunt for Gemstones in the Gemnasium (Years 1 – 6)
- Hobart Geology Excursion (Years 7 – 12)
- Interactive Drone Workshop (Years 10 - 12)
- Maritime Studies Tours and Guest Speakers (Years 7 – 12)
- Metal Contamination in the Derwent Excursion (Years 7 – 12)
- Seismic Waves Demonstration (Years 7 – 12)
- Subs in Schools Program (Year 5 - 12)
- Tasmanian Mines and Acid Waste (Years 7 – 12)
- Tectonics with Telescopes (Year 9)
Teaching resources for the classroom
Explore the resources we have created for school teachers across subject areas including taster workshops, videos, podcasts and other teaching aids.
- University Virtual Sustainability Tour (Sustainability) (Years 4 - 12)
- COVID-19 and You: Hacking for Good (ICT) (Years 7 - 12)
- COVID-19 and You: Pandemics by the Numbers (Mathematics) (Years 10 - 12)
- Tamar Tides and Sea Level Rise (STEM, Geography) (Years 7 - 12)
- The Science of Sea Level Rise in Tasmania (STEM, Geography) (Years 5 - 9)
- Mining and Geology in Tasmania (Earth Sciences) (Years 7 - 12)
- Marine Plastic Pollution (Biology) (Years 4 - 8)
- Truffle Growing in Tasmania (Agriculture, Business) (Years 7 - 12)
- That’s What I can Science Podcast (STEM)
- Agriculture resources (STEM)
Professional development opportunities
Join our expert researchers and academics on a field trip or in a workshop exclusively for school teachers to enhance your skills and knowledge in a subject area of interest.