We are extremely grateful to all our donors and value the relationships we have formed. Our aim is to find ways to match a donor’s interests with University priorities and to engage our donors as partners in philanthropy to further the mission of the University. We ascribe to the highest standards of fiduciary integrity and honest communications.
Our commitment to our donors
- The University is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) and a registered deductible gift recipient (DGR) in Australia, United Kingdom and United States of America - 501(c3), and follows the fundraising standards set by the global peak body for educational fundraising Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
- The University Foundation Committee (UFC), is a committee of the University Council and provides governance and guidance for philanthropic activity at the University. The UFC oversees the University’s philanthropic policies and practices to ensure donors’ interests and the highest standard of philanthropic management are upheld.
- The Terms of Reference for the Committee are included in the University Foundation Committee Ordinance (PDF 194.2 KB).
- The University’s philanthropic practices are governed by internal policies and procedures, such as the Fundraising and Naming Policy.
- The University endeavours to administer all gifts consistently in accordance with Australian law, including government legislation related to Australian tax and foreign interference and influence.
- All gifts from donors will be acknowledged by an official University of Tasmania receipt, compliant with Australian Tax Office guidelines. Where appropriate, further acknowledgement, recognition and publicity will also be undertaken