Information for Students
- Applicants must have completed 12 or 8 units (undergraduate and postgraduate respectively)
- Have at least a Credit average or:
- at interview, are deemed eligible by the Corporate Internship Coordinator
- Have space in your degree to undertake a Corporate Internship unit
- Be offered an (available) project in the area of at least one of your current study majors
- Be offered a placement with a host organisation after interview.
How to apply
- Read the eligibility criteria
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) application
- EOI applicants will receive a submission notification email.
- Eligibility checks undertaken
- Available internship projects matched to applicants
- Applicants emailed suitable project
- Interviews with host organisations arranged
- Internship schedule and contracts organised
- First Internship Workshop attendance details provided (approx wk 3 of semester).
Hobart City Council – Financial Services Division
Project: Electronic Budget Packages Research Project. To research electronic budget packages that would be compatible with Council's current financial system software. Included research into compatible electronic budget tools and preparation of a report with research outcomes.
Student Profile: third year Accounting or Corporate Governance major, one day per week for thirteen weeks.
Junction Arts Festival
Project: To participate in the design and implementation of a marketing strategy as part of the overall Marketing & Communications Strategy for the Festival. To evaluate current year practices and implement strategies around best practice.
Student Profile: second / third year Marketing major, two days per week for thirteen weeks
Project: Embed the newly established Searson Buck Vision and Values into the organisation and incorporate into the organisation's external marketing. Intern undertook independent research and worked with management and staff on methods, deliverables, and implementation.
Student Profile: third year Human Resource Management major, one day per week for thirteen weeks