This unit is available subject to student numbers and resources and is offered only in even years (2016, 2018 etc).
This unit introduces students to psychological therapies used in mental health settings, either as stand-alone interventions or in combination with pharmacological interventions. The unit's major focus addresses Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) principles, resources and practical skills specific to the management of anxiety disorders, depression and psychosis.
|Unit name||Psychological Therapies in Mental Health Care|
|Faculty/School||Faculty of Health
School of Health Science
|Discipline||Health Sciences B|
|Available as student elective?||No|
This unit is currently unavailable.
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2015 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2015 will be available from the 1st October 2014.
|Band||CSP Student Contribution||Full Fee Paying (domestic)||Field of Education|
|1||2015: $769.00||2015: $2,247.00||060305|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
Compulsory face-to-face 5 day intensive theoretical and experiential workshop
Clinical Project : Part A Multiple Choice Test (20%) and Part B Clinical Case Study (50%) Total: 70%; Essay (1200 words) 30%
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Information about any textbook requirements will be available from mid November.
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.