This unit will introduce you to the major concepts and analytical tools used in the theory and practice of financial management in a business organization. It is designed to provide you with an understanding of:
• The basis of finance concepts including interest rate and time value of money
• The application of time value of money in evaluating different financial assets such as bond and equity
• The scope and nature of the finance function and its role within management
This unit also develops your practical skills in identification and analysis of financial problems. Specifically, this unit explains the relationship between risk and returns while considers the role and objectives of financial management and capital budgeting. It introduces students to the role and function of the capital markets and the various sources of finance.
|Unit name||Financial Management|
|Coordinator||Mr Mustajab Ahmed Soomro|
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Delivered By||Third Party (UP Education)|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021.
- Explain the theoretical underpinnings and processes in financial decision making
- Apply concepts to financial decisions that incorporate risk and return
- Communicate professionally, in written form, financial information in a variety of business situations
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
3 Please refer here for eligibility for HECS-HELP
4 Please refer here for eligibility for FEE-HELP
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:BFA107
|Assessment||Mid- Semester Test (20%)|Examination (60%)|Assignment (20%)|
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.