|Unit name||Accounting for Managers|
|Available as student elective?||%asset_metadata_unit.AvailableAsElective_value^empty:No%|
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills in identifying and effectively using financial vocabulary (words, concepts, idioms, jargons etc.);
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the financial reporting professional and regulatory environment including current issues in financial reporting;
- Explain accounting principles and concepts and effectively apply these to the preparation of financial reports;
- Analyze financial information to make decisions;
- Communicate written and oral academic arguments supported by appropriate academic literature.
Class Quizzes and exercises 35%
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Atrill, P, McLaney, E, Harvey, D, and Jenner, M, 2015, Accounting: An introduction, 6th edn., Pearson Education Australia, Sydney.
Birt, J, Chalmers, K, Maloney, S, Brooks, A, Oliver, J, 2014, Accounting: Business Reporting for Decision Making, 5th edn, John Wiley and Sons Australia, Milton.
Carlon, S, Kimmel, PD, Loftus, J, Mladenovic, R, Kieso, DE, Weygandt, JJ, 2009, Accounting: Building Business Skills, 3rd edn, John Wiley and Sons Australia, NSW.
Horngren, CT, Harrison, WT, Oliver, S, Best P, Fraser, D, Tan, R, Willet, R, 2012, Accounting 7th edn, Pearson Education Australia, Melbourne.
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.