Double Degree (5 year) (X3Z)

Overview  2023

Entry Requirements

See entry requirements


Minimum 5 Years, up to a maximum of 11 Years


Duration refers to the minimum and maximum amounts of time in which this course can be completed. It will be affected by whether you choose to study full or part time, noting that some programs are only available part time.


Semester 1, Semester 2
Semester 1, Semester 2
Cradle Coast
Semester 1, Semester 2

This course may not be available to international students. Please see the list of distance courses (i.e. online and taken outside Australia) that are offered to international students

Double degrees allow you to deepen your knowledge and expertise within two separate study areas. This means you can choose from our range of exciting, diverse courses and embark on a journey as unique as you are.
  • 1 Course learning outcomes are those for the two constituent courses undertaken in the Double Degree.
  • Career outcomes

    A double degree can help you build a unique set of skills that will help you stand out in a competitive employment market. When you graduate from a double degree you will receive a separate degree certificate (also called a testamur) for each component course.

    Please refer to the course page for each component course for career and professional recognition information.

    Course structure

    To complete a Double Degree, you must complete a minimum of 500 credit points of study that incorporates the core, major and discipline elective requirements of the two constituent courses.

    The structure will be created as a combination of the constituent degrees.

    We want your study experience with us to be as smooth as possible and we know that choosing from lists and lists of electives can sometimes be overwhelming!

    The guides and links below are presented to help you navigate all of these options and find the electives that are best for you.

    Find the answer to your question - ASK US

    What are electives?

    How can I find an elective?

    Are there enrolment help / information sessions that I can attend?

    I am new to UTAS, how do I enrol?


    Other help and guides

    eStudent Enrolment Guide [PDF]

    First steps for new students

    Student Portal


    Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team at UConnect if you need any help.


    If you’re in an undergraduate degree and need help choosing your first year units, try the Unit Selection Guide.

    Your electives can be used to add breadth to your degree, by exploring a variety of different subject areas from across the University in areas such as Health, Business, Science and the Creative Arts. Alternatively, you can deepen your engagement with specific subject areas, for example, by completing additional units in the same discipline as your major or related fields.You can also use this space to complete an optional 2nd major which may be a 2nd major from your current course or a major from another course*.Please contact if you need more information or if you want to add a 2nd major to your study plan.*Some exclusions apply. Not all majors can be taken by students in different courses.

    Entry requirements

    Students must meet the admission requirements for both constituent courses, including any prerequisites.

    There are no articulation arrangements for this course. Articulation arrangements for constituent courses may apply to students enrolling in the Double Degree but these will need to be assessed on a case by case basis as elective credit may not be able to be awarded.

    Detailed admissions information and advice for all undergraduate courses, including comprehensive, course-level student profiles, is available from UTAS Admissions.

    Fees & scholarships

    Domestic students

    Commonwealth supported places (CSP)

    Domestic undergraduate students may be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place in this course. If you are offered a Commonwealth supported place, your fees are substantially subsidised by the Australian Government, and you will only be required to pay the student contribution amount for each unit.

    You may be able to defer payment of the student contribution amount by accessing a HECS-HELP loan from the Government. This means you can pay your tuition fees later once you start earning above a specific threshold. For more information, please refer to the Study Assist website.

    The student contribution amount for each unit of study is based on its discipline area. Student contribution amounts are charged for each unit of study, this means that amounts will depend on which units you choose. Find out more about student contribution amounts.

    Detailed fee information for domestic students is available at Scholarships, fees and costs, including additional information in relation to the compulsory Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).

    International students

    International students should refer to the International Students course fees page to get an indicative course cost.


    For information on general scholarships available at the University of Tasmania, please visit the scholarships website.

    How can we help?

    Do you have any questions about choosing a course or applying? Get in touch.

    1300 363 864
    +61 3 6226 6200
    Online enquiries

    Next steps