Hobart, Launceston, Cradle Coast
|Unit name||Communication Skills in Practice|
|Available as student elective?||%asset_metadata_unit.AvailableAsElective_value^empty:No%|
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
1. Identify and discuss the characteristics and practice of communication skills, styles and strategies
2. Conduct research and planning to present a logical argument
3. Communicate ideas and information in a range of formats to an academic audience
4. Critically reflect on working collaboratively, and/or skills development, to generate plans for the future
On Campus students: one 3 hour workshop per fortnight; one 1 hour online seminar per fortnight.
AT1: Communication research task (25%)
AT2: Written reflection (30%)
AT3: Group presentation (45%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.