Hobart, Launceston, Cradle Coast
This unit has been discontinued.
|Unit name||Introduction to Science for Health Professionals|
|Available as student elective?||%asset_metadata_unit.AvailableAsElective_value^empty:No%|
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
- Identify and explain introductory human anatomy and physiology
- Identify and explain introductory biochemistry relevant to the health profession
- Communicate using bioscience and health profession terminology and information
- Explain the role of health professionals in the health system.
AT1: Explain the Roles of a Nurse (15%)
AT2: Narrated Powerpoint presentation (35%)
AT3: Independent Learning Activities (25%)
AT4: Module Quizzes (25%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.