Hobart, Launceston, Cradle Coast
|Unit name||Computer Networks|
|Available as student elective?||%asset_metadata_unit.AvailableAsElective_value^empty:No%|
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
TNE Program units special approval requirements.
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
- Identify the technical aspects of secure networking
- Analyse network protocols, processes and security principles in computer networking
- Communicate solutions to real-world problems
- Evaluate knowledge, practices and protocols in computer networks and cyber security
Teaching material and tutorial support will be provided weekly through MyLo during the term.
Students will be required to attend two to three on campus practical sessions per term (2-3 hours per session).
Internet access is required for this course as students are required to access study materials provided online through MyLO. Please log into MyLO on the first day of each teaching period.
AT1: Short answer compilation (30%)
AT2: Practical networking tasks (30%)
AT3: Case study report (40%)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.