This unit is aligned to the Building a Feedback Culture professional learning program from the Department of Education Tasmania, Professional Learning Institute (PLI) and successful completion of this program is a prerequisite for enrolment into this unit. The program is designed to assist schools to create a culture that is focused on continual improvement, learning and growth and which enables continuous evidence-based reflection on classroom instruction.
The emphasis of this program is on the importance of conversations around classroom practice and observation.
The program complements and enhances the implementation of the Performance and Development Framework.
|Unit name||Building a Feedback Culture|
|College/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
Faculty of Education
|Coordinator||Doctor Lisa Ehrich|
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Delivered By||University of Tasmania|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2022 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2022 will be available from the 1st October 2021. Note census date cutoff is 11.59pm AEST (AEDT during October to March).
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of adult learning principles
- Critically reflect on learning from the Building a Feedback Culture program and relevant literature
- Articulate a critically defensible personal leadership approach and how that will inform own practice
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, develop, implement, analyse and reflect upon a workplace leadership project
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate in written and oral forms in a scholarly and appropriate manner
|Field of Education||Commencing Student Contribution 1||Grandfathered Student Contribution 1||Approved Pathway Course Student Contribution 2||Domestic Full Fee|
- Available as a Commonwealth Supported Place
- HECS-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility3
- FEE-HELP is available on this unit, depending on your eligibility4
1 Please refer here more information on student contribution amounts.
2 Information on eligibility and Approved Pathway courses can be found here
3 Please refer here for eligibility for HECS-HELP
4 Please refer here for eligibility for FEE-HELP
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:ESM763
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Required readings will be listed in the unit outline prior to the start of classes.
|Links||Booktopia textbook finder|
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.